At times you may need a trained outside professional to evaluate your company's
operations to determine if the appropriate controls are in place to ensure proper handling of resources and to protect
yourself from employee theft.
We assess your internal control systems to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of your operating
procedures. Then we make recommendations that help your company become stronger and more profitable by correcting any
inefficient or ineffective operating procedures we find.
What we do for you...
- Implement segregation of duties so that duties are divided, or segregated, among different people to
reduce risk of error or inappropriate actions. No one person has control over all aspects of any financial
- Make sure transactions are authorized by a person delegated approval authority when the transactions are
consistent with policy and funds are available.
- Ensure records are routinely reviewed and reconciled, by someone other than the preparer or transactor, to
determine that transactions have been properly processed.
- Make certain that equipment, inventories, cash and other property are secured physically, counted
periodically, and compared with item descriptions shown on control records.
- Provide employees with appropriate training and guidance to ensure they have the knowledge necessary to
carry out their job duties, are provided with an appropriate level of direction and supervision, and are aware of the
proper channels for reporting suspected improprieties.
- Document policies and procedures and making them accessible to employees. The documented policies and
procedures provide day-to-day guidance to your staff and continuation of duties in the event of prolonged employee
absences or turnover.
- Review operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and
whether the operations are being carried out as planned.